Thursday 14 October 2010

Recipe: Mint Matchmaker Cookies

As Mint Matchmakers are on offer in Sainsbury's at the moment.....£1 (usually £1.99) I have been stocking up to make Matchmaker cookies! I made a batch today with my daughter and her best friend who had come to play. There are many little jobs in this recipe with children can help with.....it involves a lot of mixing!!

This is the recipe....it is for regular gooey Choc Cookies but I substitute the chunks of chocolate for Matchmakers.

Ingredients
50g unsalted butter
450g of dark chocolate (or 225g of dark choc and a packet of mint matchmakers)
2 eggs
17og soft light brown sugar
1/4 tsp Vanilla extract
85g Plain flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder

Method
-Preheat oven at 170 degrees C (don't know equivalents because I only wrote down for my oven!!)
-Put butter and dark chocolate (or half chocolate if making plain cookies) in a pan and melt and then put to one side
-Put eggs, sugar and vanilla extract in a bowl and beat until well mixed
-Pour in the chocolate mixture and beat on a low setting/stir until well combined
-Sift flour, salt and baking powder into a separate bowl then stir in the chocolate mixture in 3 additions
-Stir in broken pieces of a whole box of matchmakers (or roughly chopped chocolate)

- The recipe says to divide it into 6-8 cookies but I found these were a bit large. Today I made 16 and they took the same cooking time!
- Bake for 10-15 mins checking regularly after 10 mins.
*TIP* Use a non-stick baking liner/greased baking parchment as these go very gooey and stick very easily, even to a greased baking tray!


These are the big version!

Happy cooking!

Fi
x




4 comments:

  1. These sound and look lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, I will be converting and trying this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you have mint matchmakers stateside? I am still missing that mint choc brownie ice-cream we had at your house!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know what a mint matchmaker is... we have Ande's mints, and I buy mint chips for baking as well. Hope they work out!

    ReplyDelete